We have no secure funding and have to raise funds in a number of ways:
- For our staff posts we seek funds from local charitable trusts, and major national organisations like the Big Lottery and Children in Need. Our Self-care Co-ordinator is currently being funded by the local PCT. This sort of core funding is very difficult to secure, and tends to be short-term.
- Membership fees, deliberately set low to ensure membership is accessible to all and currently set at £10 pa for individuals and £15 for families.
- Local events we organise, coffee mornings, sales, sponsored sporting events, concerts etc.
- Donations and legacies from members and other local groups, carnivals, university rag events, beer festivals, country fairs etc.
- Small grants from local authorities and other small charitable trusts to help support the work of local Link Groups and to help particularly needy individual members.
We try to keep costs as low as possible, and the development of this website, enables us to keep contact with members more regularly and frequently, while reducing heavy postage costs.
Donations are most welcome to help the work we do to support our members. If you would like to know how to donate click here.