The Dorset CFS/ME Service for Children and Young People
This service is a multi-disciplinary team experienced in the treatment of chronic fatigue and its impact on daily life. It’s available to children and young people up to the age of 18 who live in the county of Dorset (including Poole and Bournemouth), or who have a Dorset GP.
You don’t need a diagnosis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis to be referred, but your doctor will carry out some investigations (blood tests) to make sure there are no other illnesses that might be causing your symptoms.
The team is based at the Children’s Centre at Dorchester Hospital, but we can see people in other locations around Dorset, including Poole Hospital, schools or at home.
Once you have been referred to the CFS/ME Team by your doctor, we can provide:
- Information about chronic fatigue and how we can help with your recovery
- Help with stabilising symptoms and activity planning
- Ideas for effective resting
- Managing sleep problems
- School liaison and education planning
- Realistic goal setting for recovery
- Help with anxiety or low mood
- Support for families.
Address for all referrals and enquiries:
CFS/ME Service for Children and Young People
Dorset DT1 2LB
Direct Line: 01305 253148
Team Leader: Emma Haynes